Current Scope of Practice
Randy Walters is a trial attorney who represents clients in matters involving transportation, contract and business disputes, personal injury, professional liability, products liability, premises liability, employer liability, construction and insurance coverage disputes. Randy has tried to Jury verdict over 200 civil litigation cases throughout Texas.
- University of Texas at Dallas, 1984, Summa Cum Laude
- Baylor University School of Law, J.D. 1987
- Admitted, Texas 1987
- Admitted, U.S. District Court -Texas
- Northern District
- Eastern District
- Southern District
- Western District
- State Bar of Texas
- Dallas Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute
- Texas Center for Legal Ethics and Professionalism
- Life Fellow Texas Bar Foundation
- Senior Fellow, Litigation Counsel of America, The Trial Lawyer Honorary Society
- Member, Diversity Law Institute (LCA)
- Member, The Trial Law Institute (LCA)
- American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA)
- Federation of Defense and Corporate Counsel
- Texas Association of Defense Counsel
- Lawyers for Civil Justice
- State Bar of Texas - Advanced Personal Injury Law
- National Business Institute (Moderator) - As Judges See It: Top Mistakes Lawyers Make in Civil Litigation
- National Business Institute
- Litigating the Texas Auto Injury Case
- Handling Uninsured and Underinsured Motorist Case
- Winning Your First Civil Case
- Special Issues That Can Make Or Break Your Case
- Damage Prevention Conference – Case Study from an Excavators Attorney
Honors and Awards
- Rated AV® Preeminent by Martindale-Hubbell
- Named to Legal Leaders Texas' Top Rated Lawyers list by LexisNexis Martindale-Hubbell for excellence in alternative dispute resolution and general practice.
- Rated Superb by Avvo®
- Selected for inclusion in Texas Super Lawyers for 2004 - 2023, an honor bestowed on less than 5% of the practicing attorneys in the State of Texas.
- Selected for inclusion in the 2013 through 2023 Super Lawyers Business Edition (International)
- Selected as one of the "Best Lawyers in Dallas" by D Magazine in 2015 through 2019 (Tort: Personal Injury, Product and Medical Liability Litigation - Defense)
Current Litigation Matters
- Currently representing business retailer in self-insured employee injury and employee benefit claims.
- Currently defending national retail business in all areas including product liability and premises liability.
- Representing Texas law firms in legal malpractice causes of action.
- Representing numerous trucking companies in accident litigation throughout Texas.
- Currently representing various insurance carriers regarding allegations of breach of duty of good faith and Texas Insurance Code violations.
- Currently representing several transportation carriers in catastrophic or serious injury matters throughout Texas.
- Currently representing national retail restaurant in premises and dram shop liability claims.
- Currently representing national retail business in all areas including transportation and premises liability.
Recent Litigation Accomplishments
- Successfully represented homeowner in multi-million dollar premises homeowners suit resulting in a winning verdict.
- Successfully defended farm and dairy owner in wrongful death tractor vehicle accident resulting in take nothing Jury verdict.
- Successfully represented trucking company in a winning Jury verdict arising out of an accident.
- Negotiated favorable settlement of significant injury case involving a national transportation carrier.
- Successfully defended national insurer in first party underinsured motorist action involving alleged intoxicated driver resulting in take nothing Jury verdict.
- Successfully defended rancher in stock/auto fatality accident resulting in take nothing Jury verdict.
- Successfully represented commercial retailer in alleged false imprisonment case resulting in a winning Jury verdict.
- Successfully represented parties in numerous cases involving serious/catastrophic injuries and death.
- Successfully represented Homeowners Carrier in first party mold suit resulting in a winning verdict.