Current Scope of Practice
Sarah Holley Long is a trial attorney who represents clients in a wide range of litigation matters. She has experience handling a variety of legal issues associated construction defect, products liability, wrongful death, transportation and automobile litigation, personal injury and tort defense, premises liability, first party insurance claims and business litigation.
- North Texas
- East Texas
- Central Texas
- Texas Panhandle
- University of Texas at Austin, B.S. Corporate Communications, 1999
- Member Hemphill Inn Chapter of Phi Delta Phi Legal Honors Fraternity
- Baylor University School of Law, J.D., 2002
- ATLA Mock Trial Team 2002
- Dean's List
- Admitted, Texas, November 2002
- State Bar of Texas
- Admitted, U.S. District Court-Texas
- Eastern District
- Northern District
- Southern District
- Western District
- Dallas Association of Young Lawyers
- Dallas Bar Association
- Dallas Women Lawyers Association
- American Bar Association, Litigation Division
- Claims and Litigation Management Alliance
- American Board of Trial Advocates
Honors and Awards
- Selected for inclusion in Texas Rising Stars 2006, 2014 through 2017 by Texas Monthly magazine, an honor bestowed on only 2.5% of Texas attorneys under the age of 40.
Current Litigation Matters
- Currently representing national retail restaurant in premises claims.
- Currently defending national retail business in premises liability matters.
- Representing various trucking companies in accident litigation throughout Texas.
- Currently representing various insurance carriers regarding allegations of breach of duty of good faith and Texas Insurance Code violations.
- Currently defending numerous construction defect cases representing general contractors and subcontractors in various trades.
Recent Litigation Accomplishments
- Achieved favorable resolution for commercial defendant in a catastrophic pedestrian/automobile accident.
- Obtained defense jury verdict in a rear-end accident pending in Hopkins County.
- Obtained defense jury verdict in a dog bite case pending in Dallas County.
- Obtained a defense jury verdict in a disputed liability automobile accident case in Dallas County.
- Obtained defense jury verdict in rear end collision case pending in Dallas County.
- Obtained no negligence defense jury verdict in a pedestrian/automobile accident pending in Dallas County.
- Obtained Summary Judgment in favor of premises owner in significant injury case.
- No negligence jury finding in a rear-end automobile personal injury lawsuit.
- Total defense verdict on claims against commercial client resulting from an automobile accident.
- No negligence jury finding on claims against client resulting from an automobile accident.
- Total defense verdict on claims against auto mechanic shop.